Week 8 Journal Entry
Attached a sample paper. Please pay attention to the sample
paper. 4 pages
Assignment 1: Practicum – Week 8 Journal Entry
This week, you complete a two-part journal entry.
– Develop diagnoses for clients receiving psychotherapy*
– Evaluate efficacy of existential-humanistic therapy for clients*
– Analyze legal and ethical implications of counseling clients with
– Analyze clinical supervision experiences*
* The Assignment related to this Learning Objective is introduced this
week and submitted in Week 10.
For Part 1, select a client whom you observed or counseled this week
(other than the client used for this week’s Discussion). Then, address
the following in your Practicum Journal:
– Describe the client and identify any pertinent history or medical
information, including prescribed medications.
– Using the DSM-5, explain and justify your diagnosis for this client.
– Explain whether existential-humanistic therapy would be
beneficial with this client. Include expected outcomes based on this
– Explain any legal and/or ethical implications related to
counseling this client.
– Support your approach with evidence-based literature.
For Part 2, reflect on your clinical supervision experiences. Then,
address the following in your Practicum Journal:
– How often are you receiving clinical supervision from your preceptor?
– What are the sessions like?
– What is the preceptor bringing to your attention?
– How are you translating these sessions to your clinical practice?