UNT Federalist No 23 Alexander Hamilton Necessity of A Constitution Essay
I’m studying and need help with a History question to help me learn.
Federalist Paper Essay
For this essay opportunity, choose one of the following Federalist Papers: 1, 2, 7, 14, 23, 39 and 51. Then, find a news article, long-form magazine article or other reputable source that addresses some aspect of the subject of the Federalist Paper you chose. (if you are worried that your source is not reputable, then check with the professor)
- Summarize the main idea or the important thesis of the Federalists paper using textual support.
- Infer and describe the main point of the opposition, the Anti-Federalists, from the argument laid out by the paper using textual support.
- Evaluate the argument that Publius makes. What are its strengths? What are its weaknesses? On the whole, do you find it persuasive? Why or why not?
- Does the argument hold true today? Why or why not? Use your news source and other textual support to make your case.
- If possible, confine yourself only to this text and your own powers of critical engagement and reflection when writing about the Federalist Paper. If you do this, no citations are necessary aside from parenthetical citation of the page number.
- When you use any other materials from the internet or other texts, you should create a works cited page.
- You may refer to other Federalist Papers to support your argument.
- You should write more than 800 words but less than 1250 words (approximately 4-5 pages double-spaced).
- Citations should follow MLA guidelines. https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/mla_style/mla_formatting_and_style_guide/mla_in_text_citations_the_basics.html (Links to an external site.)
- Put your name on the paper
- Give the paper a title