Topic Proposal- E- mailed
I’m considering writing a report on what makes small businesses struggle to provide delivery services.
Each student will write a proposal to the instructor (in proper memo format–with intro, body, closing) on the scope of the suggested topic for the formal report. [Submit proposal in memo format, word document with clear file name, attached to an e-mail.] The proposal should, at a minimum, describe the following:
- The topic: fully describe the problem or process you are attempting to address
- The need: describe the need driving the necessary change; the basic steps in implementing the change
- Audience: an analysis of your intended audience for your topic; describe who would be able to implement your changes and/or suggestions
This proposal will be used to determine if your selected topic is approved, if modification to your topic is required, or if a different topic will be needed.
Consider including the following points in the proposal, but do not just do it as a Q&A.
- What is your proposed topic? (1-2 sentences)
- Why you are interested in this topic? (2-5 sentences)
- What do you already know about the topic? (2-5 sentences)
- What do you need to know/don’t know about the topic? Identify your research strategy (3-4 sentences)
- What is your “clear statement of the central business problem”–The intended GOAL/PURPOSE? (2-5 sentences)?
- Who is the INTENDED AUDIENCE? (2-3 sentences)
- Why is this important? Identify the implications of doing the research. (2-5 sentences)