Temple University World Culture Represented in Ancient Paintings Discussion
Need help with my History question – I’m studying for my class.
Option 2: Create and Curate Your Own Art Museum
For this paper, you will select and curate 5–10 works of art to include in your own art museum. Use the text and online sources to help you find these works of art. This assignment is an alternative option for visiting a museum or art gallery. After researching, answer the following questions by writing a 2–3 page report, 750–800 words, that describes your experience.
- Select 5–10 works of art from at least five artists from different time periods discussed in the text, the 18th century to modern times.
- Provide a brief description of each piece and a picture if possible, explaining why you chose each piece.
- Describe where and how you would display each piece, whether individually or grouped together.
- Describe your role as museum founder and curator. Give your museum a name and a location.
Use at least the class text as a reference. Additional sources are fine but not necessary unless required by your content. Your report should include connections you make between things observed in your activity and things learned in the course and text.
Note: The same rubric will be used for both options. In one section of the rubric, you are graded on your discussion of the role of the founder and curator of the museum. For Option 1, you will likely find this information on the museum web page or museum materials. For Option 2, the roles of museum founder and curator are held by you.
- Paper must be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font, 12 points, with one-inch margins on all sides. Formatting of citations and references must follow Strayer Writing Standards (SWS) [PDF]. Check with your professor for any additional instructions. (Note: Students can find Strayer Writing Standards materials located in the Additional Resources section of their Student Center within their course shell for reference.)
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.