Northern Virginia Community College Hybrid Movie Sons of Liberty Essay
I’m working on a History discussion question and need support to help me study.
- A brief summation of the movie (no longer than one paragraph in length, approximately 150 words)
- How historically accurate was the plot (did these events actually take place as presented in the movie)?
- How historically accurate were the characters (were they based on real people, or were they composites of multiple individuals)?
- How do the events found in the movie reinforce or disregard themes found in the textbook and the in-class primary source documents (point to specific examples to support your argument)?
- How was the historical information presented (was it simply a backdrop for the story that the director wanted to tell, or was it essential)?
1492: Conquest of Paradise (1992)Desperate Crossing: The Untold Story of the Mayflower (2006)Secrets of the Dead: Jamestown’s Dark Winter (2015)Last of the Mohicans (1920 or 1992)1776 (1972)Hamilton (2020) (If you pick it here, you can’t watch it again for Unit 2)The Patriot (2000)Revolutionary War: Rebels and Redcoats (1995)Sons of Liberty (2015) (Two out of three episodes)Turn (2014-) (Two episodes)