MGT 410 Colorado University Development & Evolution of Project Team Report
The following assignment is based on a recently completed group project in which you were involved.
- Explain the group project in one paragraph of no more than five sentences.
- Analyze the development of the project team in terms of:
- the five-phase model; and,
- the punctuated equilibrium model.
- Describe which of these two models does the best job of describing your team’s evolution and why.
- Analyze the development of the project team in terms of the nine situational factors that influence team development:
- What factors positively contributed to group performance?
- What factors negatively contributed to group performance?
- How did the group try to overcome the negative factors?
- What could you have done differently to overcome these negative factors?
- If the group was formed again, what specific recommendations would you make about how the group should manage meetings?
- Thoroughly address the questions in a two- to four-page paper, not including cover page, references page, and appendix. The expectation is that the paper headings clarify what questions are being addressed, but the paper is not to be formatted as question-followed-by-answer.
- Format your paper and use a formal writing style in accordance with the CSU-Global Guide to Writing APA (Links to an external site.).
- Cite a minimum of two sources–one of which should be a current academic, peer-reviewed scholarly source–to support your responses, demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts that are presented in the course, and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic.
Note: Current research in this class means the most recent five-year period. Although research older than five years may be used, it will not count toward the assignment requirement. Additionally, in the lecture material for Module 1, you were reminded of what constitutes academic, peer-reviewed scholarly sources, and how to find them in the CSU-Global Library.