HOSP project 3
1B. Site details (2 – 3 pages)
Answer all of the questions listed below. Provide as many details as possible. Use each “question” (or
part of it) as your heading. Bullet points/lists are acceptable.
• Climate/temperature (only for the time when the Green Organics group will be there)
• Transportation: What is the nearest airport? Is there a train station nearby? How will attendees
get to the hotel from the airport and station? If there is an airport shuttle, is it free? How will
attendees get around during their free time?
• Number of rooms in the hotel
• Special room amenities: unusual or luxury features/amenities (if any) offered in the hotel rooms.
If the rooms do not contain anything unusual or special, write “none”. (Please do not list all of the
room features and amenities.)
• Food and Beverage Outlets: List the restaurants and bars in the hotel; give a short description of
each restaurant (1-2 sentences for each, in your own words). If there are more than four food
and beverage outlets, list them all but only describe four.
• Meeting space: Total square footage of all meeting space. (For example, “This hotel contains
72,000 square feet of meeting rooms, ballrooms, and exhibit space.”)
• Function Room Selections: List each function for the group and give your preliminary choice for
the room you will use for each. (For example: “Cocktail Reception: Grand Ballroom Sections F, G,
and H.) Do not choose restaurants.
• Other: any other special features of the hotel, meeting site, city, or region that you think should
Part 3, OBF Chart, Proposal Letter, Estimated Cost, Reflection
3A. The Estimated Cost for the entire event. This is an estimated cost of everything that will be on the
group’s hotel master account, based on the expected number of guests. (See Page 1 for information
about which types of charges the company is paying for.) A guide and example are in ULearn.
3B. OBF Chart
Create an OBF chart for the Green Organics group, using at least two customer objectives from
“Background Information” (page 1 of this document) and features from your hotel/resort.
3C. Proposal Letter. Write a proposal letter to Mark Jenkins. Use at least two “OBF” paragraphs in the
letter, based on the OBF’s in your chart. Use business letter format for the letter.
Although this section is at the end of your project, it would have been written long before the BEO’s and
the resume, because it is a proposal. Date the letter January 2, 2020.
3D. Reflection. What did you learn from this project? How would you handle it if you had to do it all over
again? What did you like least about it? Were there any parts that you particularly enjoyed? Be honest,
but write professionally.