HA 535 University of Southern California Impact of Epilepsy on Families Worksheet
MeSH Term Search and Coding Sheet Table
This week, you will conduct a MeSH term search and create a Coding Sheet Summary table.
This term search is for your final project—a theoretical research study—and should be based on the same topic as the research question you determined during week 1. A coding sheet includes the key components of published research found in a research review. Coding sheet information is often in a table format allowing the researcher to quickly compare findings from multiple articles.
- Conduct a MeSH term search using key words from Assignment 1 that you used to create your research question.
- Once you have completed a MeSH term search, you will get a list of published articles. Review them to find four that you will use for your final project.
- Save the full text from all four articles and read them carefully. Make notes on key points.
- Create a Coding Sheet Summary table using information from the four published articles that you chose.
- Include your research question in the assignment so it is clear why the four articles were chosen for review.
Your paper should document in detail each step listed above. All elements listed on the example coding sheet (below) are required for each of the four articles you review.
Epileptic individuals are in many cases linked to having seizures and convulsions that affect their well-being. What are the social effects that the situation brings to an individual living with epilepsy?