CU Responding to Ethical and Legal Issues Biases and Fallacies Case Study
Need help with my Psychology question – I’m studying for my class.
Responding to Ethical and Legal Issues
Review the case examples corresponding to your specialization in the media piece, Responding to Ethical and Legal Issues – Case Study, and then elect an ethical decision-making model. To aid in selection, first review pages 14–17 of the Ethical, Legal, and Professional Issues in Counseling text and the unit readings. You can also choose an ethical decision-making model from a current, peer-reviewed article in a professional counseling journal of your choice. Some examples include “A Practitioner’s Guide to Ethical Decision Making” (Forester-Miller & Davis, 2016) and the Intercultural Model (Luke, Goodrich, & Gilbride, 2013)
- Analyze the effectiveness of the selected decision-making model and provide an example of how it might be used to resolve legal or ethical dilemmas when working with students or clients from diverse backgrounds.
- Utilize your chosen decision-making model to the case you reviewed. If you were the counselor working with this case, discuss how you would apply each step of the ethical decision-making model you have selected to respond effectively to these legal and ethical issues.
- Include specific examples to illustrate the actions you would take at each step.
- Include the specific ethical standards and state laws that you would consult when determining your response to the situation. How would these laws and standards influence the choices you might make in responding to the situation?
- Describe how you would demonstrate developmental and cultural sensitivity when addressing the legal and ethical issues presented. Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
- Explain how your personal values and beliefs impact your understanding of the situation and the choices you might make when deciding how to respond to the legal and ethical issues that may arise in working with the client or student.
- Include at least two examples of specific values and beliefs you hold that may influence your reactions to this case and the actions you may take.
- Present at least two specific strategies that you will develop to address the influence that your personal values and beliefs may have on ethical decision making with clients or students.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Develop accurate written communication and thoughts that convey the overall goals of the assignment and do not detract from the overall message. Your paper should demonstrate graduate-level writing skills.
- References: Your reference list must include at least six sources. You must use current APA style to list your references. Refer to the APA Style and Format for more information.
- Number of pages: The length of your paper should be 8–10 double-spaced pages. Note: Page count does not include cover page or references.
- Formatting: Use current APA formatting, including correct in-text citations, proper punctuation, double-spacing throughout, proper headings and subheadings, no skipped lines before headings and subheadings, proper paragraph and block indentation, no bolding, and no bullets. Refer to the APA Style and Format for more information.
You are required to submit your final version of this paper to SafeAssign prior to submitting it for grading. Submit your work as a draft to check for any necessary edits. Once the paper is finalized and all edits have been made, submit the final version to your instructor for grading using the following file naming format: Your_Name_AssignmentNumber_AssignmentTitle (example: Ima_Learner_u03a1_ClientDescription).
Verify you have reviewed your SafeAssign report by providing the following comment in the assignment area: “I verify that I have reviewed the SafeAssign report for this assignment and this work meets academic honesty expectations.”
Note: Your instructor may also use the Writing Feedback Tool to provide feedback on your writing. In the tool, click the linked resources for helpful writing information.
- Responding to Ethical and Legal Issues Scoring Guide.
- Responding to Ethical and Legal Issues – Case Study | Transcript.
- APA Style and Format.
- Unit 9 Paper Template [DOC].
- Select the Best Databases.
- Selecting the Best Keywords.
- Writing Feedback Tool.