Capella University Supervision Training & Teaching Counselor Supervision Discussion
I’m studying for my Psychology class and don’t understand how to answer this. Can you help me study?
Review the following:
- Section F, “Supervision, Training, and Teaching,” from the 2014 ACA Code of Ethics.
- Ethical standards related to supervision found within other ethical standards for your program or specialization (for example, “Responsibilities to the Profession” from the ASCA Ethical Standards for School Counselors).
Imagine you are interviewing for a potential fieldwork site placement:
- Describe the responsibilities of the supervisee and the supervisor.
- What questions would you have about how the supervision relationship would be structured (for example, frequency of meetings, method of evaluation)?
Follow current APA style and formatting guidelines in your post.
Respond to the initial discussion post of one other learner. What reactions do you have to the ideas the learner has presented? Include examples from your own experience to support your perspective, and raise questions to continue the dialogue.
This activity will help you achieve the following learning components:
- Learn about the different types of professionals a counselor may work with.
- Learn about the ethical codes specific to the counseling profession.
- Discussion Participation Scoring Guide.
- 2014 ACA Code of Ethics.
- APA Style and Format.
- ASCA Ethical Standards for School Counselors [PDF].