B. For the next post on blogs, what
should we highlight in the post? Please provide the following bits of
- Who is the author/publisher or the blog/website?
- Is the blog affiliated with associations/
- Intended audience
- What is the purpose/goal? What gap are they filling?
- What is the basic content/topic, e.g. recent
- How often is it updated?
- What you can get out of it?
- Add any other details that are unique to the site!
C. How to find blogs and
websites in your field? There is no secret to this. Usually, you just have to
do a basic google search. Once you find a bunch of them, however, the key
is to figure out how to evaluate and how to choose which two are best for your
personal blog post. For example, my major field of study was Philosophy
and Literature. I can do a basic google search with the possible
keywords: “Philosophy blogs”, “best philosophy blogs”, “philosophy and literature
blogs”, or any other variation of these. Once I locate a number of them,
I have to start whittling them down to find ones that are reputable and match
my interests. To determine if they are reputable, it is a good idea to
check out the author’s credentials. To find out if it is a good match to
your interests, look over the blog and the recent posts/articles. There
is really no secret to it; it just takes some time to weed through everything.