ART 1301 Columbia Southern University Art Appreciation Animation Review Worksheet
I’m studying for my Art & Design class and don’t understand how to answer this. Can you help me study?
For this assignment, you will review an animated film or movie of your choice. It can be a stop motion, 2D, or a 3D animated film. Maybe there is an animation that you enjoyed as a child that you would like to revisit with a critical eye. After watching the animation, please answer the following questions in complete sentences, using the Unit VIII Animation Review Worksheet.
- Include the animation title, year produced, and medium (stop motion, hand drawn, 3D, etc).
- Provide your star rating out of five stars with five stars being the highest and one star being the lowest.
- What genre or type of animation is it? Does it have a message?
- What is the animation’s plot? Does the plot make sense? Is it easy to follow or believable?
- Who are the main characters, and what are they like? Are the characters well written?
- How is the quality of the animation? Are there special effects? If so what are they like? Are there beautiful scenes? Are there moments where scenes are animated in an interesting way?
- Did you enjoy the animation? Why, or why not? Where were its good and bad points?
- What scene or part of the animation did you particularly enjoy or remember? Why was it good or memorable?
- Who would you recommend this animation to? Why?
- To what other animations you can compare this?
Your response must be at least two pages in length. APA Style will not be required for this assignment.
Upload an image of an example of digital art that you have experienced. If you have not experienced digital art, do a Web search for Behance. This is a website where many artists upload and share their digital artwork. How do the digital techniques used in the work compare to traditional art mediums? What are its strengths and weaknesses?
Your journal entry must be at least 200 words in length. No references or citations are necessary.