Anglia Ruskin University Instructional Methods Discussion
For this task, You are a special education teacher working with students with disabilities.Select three instructional methods or approaches that could be used to teach math and/or reading from the required readings or websites or from your own reading. Then, write an instructional methods paper you could share with special education or classroom teachers. In the paper be sure to include:
- Introductory information,
- A review section for each of the three selected methods by addressing the questions below, and
- A conclusion regarding ways to implement the instructional method so that it is effective for working with students with specific special needs.
Also address the following questions in your paper:
- Overall, how effective is the instructional method for teaching math and/or reading to students with disabilities? (Specify the disabilities addressed.)
- How does effectiveness of the instructional method vary based on age or grade level?
- Are there any special materials or technology needed to implement the method?
- Would any special training be needed to prepare special education or classroom teachers to implement the method?
- Is a norm-referenced or a criterion-referenced test available to measure effectiveness of the method? If not, or if this would be insufficient, how could the effectiveness of the teaching method be assessed?
- (Optional: Challenge question!) Do performance results differ in the USA from students in other countries when this approach or method is used – what does the research say?