AIU Online The Utilization of Project Management Team Discussion
I’m trying to study for my Management course and I need some help to understand this question.
Graduate Programs Discussion Boards
Discussion Boards (DB) are a key component of online learning. They foster active participation of learners and dialog with fellow learners and instructors. Graduate-level courses require learners to create original posts to course DBs and to engage in dialogue by responding to posts created by others throughout the course. Original posts and responses should be substantive, and if references are made to the works of others, APA guidelines for in-text citations and references apply.
Minimum Weekly DB Expectations
- Post an original and thoughtful Main Post to the DB prompt.
- Respond to at least 2 other posts from learners and/or the instructor (Response Posts).
- The first contribution (Main Post or Response Post) must be posted before midnight (Central time) on Friday of each week.
- Two additional responses are required after Friday of each week.
- For DB assignment prompts with a Part One and Part Two, Part One should be addressed in the first week of the unit with a Main Post and minimum of 2 Response Posts, and Part Two should be addressed in the second week of the unit with a Main Post and a minimum of 2 Response Posts.
More on DBs
At the end of each unit, DB participation is assessed based on level of engagement and the quality of the contribution to the discussion. DBs allow learners to learn through sharing ideas and experiences as they relate to course content. Because it is not possible to engage in two-way dialogue after a conversation has ended, no posts to the DB are accepted after the end of the unit. Learners must demonstrate an appropriate depth of understanding of course content to receive credit for having submitted substantive posts. Typically, this is achieved with 3–4 strong paragraphs for Main Posts and 2–3 strong paragraphs for Response Posts.
Your company has decided to pursue a pure PMI/CMM project model with the basic four-phase project structure (initiating, planning, executing, and closing with control done in parallel).
- Discuss your ideas of how the flexibility inherent in the basic CMM model might be employed to improve project management processes in your organization.
- How does CCM affect each of the triple constraints?
- Discuss the best practices for schedule change control.
In your own words, post a substantive response to the Discussion Board question(s) and comment on other postings. Your response should address the DB question(s) and move the conversation forward. You will be graded on the quality of your postings, including mastery of the concept as well as critical thinking. If asked for your opinion, do not simply state that it is a good or bad idea; elaborate on your reasons and argument. Include enough detail to substantiate your thinking as well as your position on the questions or comments.
PMBOK, Chap. 7-11
You may be required to enter the e-book email and password you created to gain access to download and read chapters from your e-book
|A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) by Project Management Institute||e-Book – VitalSource||PMI||6||9781628253900||2001C||ITPM611-01|
Project Management: A Systems Approach to Planning, Scheduling, and Controlling by Kerzner
|e-Book – VitalSource||Wiley||12||9781119165361||2001C||ITPM611-01|